The end of the year is fast approaching and its time to reflect on the passing year to figure out if it was a year well spent. You ask yourself questions like, Did you do better than the previous year? What are the things you could have done better, both in your business and personal life? Did you keep to that new year resolution?… and the list goes on..
Basically, the end of the year is the time for sober reflection.
At the JackPlays End of Year Party held on 3rd Dec 2016, we discussed on how we can make 2017 our most successful year ever, and here are some of the points that were made:
- Diversify your income: At the way the economy is nose diving into a recession, its wise to put your eggs in more than one basket. Invest in a business that flourishes in a recession (Click to read Hidden Opportunities During a Recession).
- Customer Satisfaction Survey: As a business owner, this would be a great time to find out if you have been giving the customers what they want, because to a business the customer is key and king. Knowing how you can improve your services/product for the coming year is very important to your success.
- Work Hard: This applies to both business owners and professionals. You need to put in an extra effort in getting things done in your business and at the office. Make a new year resolution to go an extra mile doing those productive things you do on a daily basis, because sometimes routines are boring and you start to get un-passionate about your job or business, but finding the joy in doing what you do and putting that extra work, can result to a more successful year.
- Leave that baggage behind: Lots of us may have offended someone or vice versa, and we tend to keep a grudge because of that. But the fact is we are all humans and are prone to make mistakes, be judgmental, jealous, angry, inconsiderate, etc that’s what makes us human. Therefore,we should forgive one another, speak to that person that you are keeping malice with, the truth is yes, they might have offended you but forgive them, because you love yourself so much to let any negativity affect your success in 2017. Negative vibes spread like a virus, so you need to make sure that all you are sending to the world is positive vibes, so that you can attract positive people and results.
- Make a resolution: This might sound cliché but making a new year resolution can make you accomplish a lot more than you expect in one year. But its not all about making the resolution, the trick is in the sticking to it. Research has it that you need 2-4weeks of doing something to form a habit. Why not exercise more often or learn a new language in 2017? Whatever it is, make that new year resolution and stick to it.
- Stay Motivated/Inspired: One of the key ways of achieving anqything in life is to stay focused and push on. Its easy said than done though, sometimes laziness creeps in and distractions too. To stay on your A-game you need to stay motivated and inspired and you can do this by reading motivational books or quotes and by watching inspirational videos of your role models, e.g Interview/documentary of Bill Gate or Warren Buffet, etc.
With all that said, this is wishing you all a successful 2017, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance! Next meetup will hold on Jan 27th. Follow us @jackplaysevents on Instagram to get updates
Do you have suggestions on how to make 2017 your most successful year ever? Please make it in the comment below.
Here are some of the pictures from the event:
CLICK HERE for more pictures.
Big thank you to all those who sponsored the raffle prizes and to those that attended!
Our Sponsors: Click names for details
@ThePositiveChange sponsored book prize “Codes of Wisdom for Highly Successful Nations”
@Kurdan_Publishing sponsored book prize “After They Left”
@UmariAyim sponsored book prizes ” Inside My Head and Twilight at Terracotta Indigo”
@EllingtonElectric sponsored an Ellington Rechargeable Lantern
@Igho101 sponsored 2 vouchers for free 25pcs dry-cleaning at his laundry outfit TY-D Dry Cleaners.
Other prizes won included free cinema tickets for two and Spa treatment for massage and facials.
Kindly click HERE to fill a short feedback form to help us improve.
JackPlays Events Game Nights is a networking event for young professionals and entrepreneurs. At the event we play interactive games that will make the most timid person a social butterfly, hence making the evening worthwhile for all. You get to meet people who love to work hard and play harder. So join us for the next game night, chat, network and connect.
Join the group at: www.meetup.com/jackplaysevents
Instagram : www.instagram.com/jackplaysevents
Facebook : www.facebook.com/jackplaysevents